During the pandemic we have been approached by many outsourcing firms to utilise remote overseas staff to provide a cheap alternative to accounting back office and administrative function. As an organisation we made the decision some years ago to invest in developing young local accountants into experienced business advisors who one day will be able to provide excellent advice face to face with individuals and business owners alike. We believe the only way to do this is to all be in the office together learning from each other. With the further easing of restrictions announced by the state government, we are happy to announce that as from Monday 18th May all of our staff at GeersSullivan will once again be operating from our office in West Perth.
During this phase of the restrictions for your safety and the safety of others the following have been implemented in our building and our office:
- Foot stickers will be placed in our ground floor lobby and restrictions apply to the number of people permitted in the elevators at one time. Signs have been erected to guide you with this.
- Automatic hand sanitizer stations are located at our lobby on the fourth floor and you can also utilise the toilets on our floor to sanitise your hands before and after meetings.
- Our reception area is only permitted to have four guests at one time, in the event that there are already four guest in reception when you arrive we ask you wait in the lobby on our floor until our receptionist prompts you to enter.
- The entire building and our office are cleaned daily.
- Our staff work area spaces have been spread out to comply with social distancing requirements.
- If you are uncomfortable visiting our offices, are self-isolating or in quarantine we can still accommodate you for your normal meetings using our online tools. If you are in slightest bit unwell, we ask that you reschedule your visit for another time or arrange an online meeting. If you are unfamiliar with online meetings our staff can assist.
- The number of chairs in each meeting room have been reduced and placed throughout the room to comply with social distancing requirements, hand sanitizer is available in every room, individual water bottles will be provided rather than shared jugs of water, after each meeting the rooms will be cleaned.
- For a short time our team will continue to dress in casual attire as we ease them back to the normality of working life.
- Greeting each other with a handshake will be replaced by friendly smile!
Andrew, Ashley and I took some time to reflect on the past two months at our monthly board meeting. As an organisation we have been fortunate to be able to continue what we do relatively uninterrupted compared to many others. We want to send our best wishes to you and your families, we are here to help where we can. We also want to thank our amazing team for their ability to adapt to change so quickly and step up putting in some long hours to keep ahead of the quick fire legislative changes that have occurred. We will do our small part in restarting the economy and look forward to welcoming you to our office once again.