Charities & Not-For-Profits
Starting your own charity is not out of reach.
If you’re like us and want to invest your time, skills and money in philanthropy, we can provide first-hand experience and advice on how to go about this.
Whether you’re making donations to a number of causes, creating a capital base to provide long term funding, or are an existing charity or Not-For-Profit in need of assistance, we’re here to help every step of the way.
We can assist you to set up and successfully maintain your own charity (either by Private or Public Ancillary Fund) by:
- Helping you determine what your charity will achieve
- Registering with the Australian Charities and Not-For-Profit Commission (ACNC)
- Applying to the ATO for Deductible Gift Recipient status (DGR), as a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) or as Health Promotion Charity (HPC)
- Assisting with managing your ongoing compliance obligations with both the ACNC and the ATO
- Assisting with your monthly, quarterly and annual planning
We’re passionate about working with charities and are exceptionally proud of the work that we have achieved with Ronald McDonald House over the past 16 years.
Kimberley Aboriginal Law & Cultural Centre (KALACC)
We’ve helped the Kimberley Aboriginal Law & Cultural Centre (KALACC) achieve greater financial insight. In turn, they’re now in a better position to allocate funding to their programs and create an even greater positive impact…Continue Reading...
Stephen Michael Foundation
In 2019, GeersSullivan helped the Stephen Michael Foundation set up the financial and governance infrastructure that has seen this not-for-profit grow from five staff and a single funding stream to a multimillion dollar operation with…Continue Reading...