2014 Christmas Recipe
Posted on 18th December 2014 by Christabelle Harris
250G plain sweet biscuits
100g butter, melted
1 tablespoon caster sugar
11/2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
2/3 cup (160ml)lukewarm water
500G cream cheese softened
395g can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup (250ml) thickened cream
1/3 cup (110g) raspberry jam
4 punnets raspberries
- Process the biscuits to a rough crumb. Transfer to a bowl, stir in the butter and sugar, and mix well. Press mixture firmly over the base of a 26cm springform cake pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the gelatine over the water in a small heatproof jug or cup. Place jug in a small saucepan of simmering water, stir until gelatine is dissolved. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in a small bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. With the mixer operating, pour in the condensed milk. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the cooled gelatine mixture. Beat cream in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the jam evenly over the biscuit base. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base. Cover, refrigerate for several hours or preferably overnight, until set.
- Just before serving, arrange the raspberries over the top.
- Not suitable to freeze.