Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
Exit your business on your terms.
Building a successful business can take a lifetime. Whether you are aiming to sell and realise the capital value of your business or hand it over to the next generation, doing it on your terms takes careful planning and execution.
When selling, sometimes the highest offer isn’t the best offer. As with everything we do, understanding where you are and where you want to be informs the approach we take. You also want to ensure that you’re comfortable with whoever takes it over. After all—it’s your legacy.
GeersSullivan can guide you through the process by:
- Asking you the right questions about your exit goals
- Helping you create a plan
- Creating the right systems and processes in your business to increase its value
- Helping you select the right people to take over your business
- If your successor is a family member, helping with any necessary training to allow them to “take the reins”
- Ensuring that the deal is structured to minimise your tax (in some cases to nil)
- Assisting you to adjust personally after exiting your business
We’re intimately involved in every step of your succession plan, helping you understand and maximise the exit value in a suitable timeframe and assisting you with the transition to the next phase of your life.
We developed a tailored strategy to allow the company founders to exit through a gradual management buyout. Background Our relationship with RM Surveys began as an independent company accountant. (Both owners have their own personal accountants.) In addition…Continue Reading...
We helped the owners of Welltech define, execute and exceed their 5 year strategic goal in 3 years. Background At a tax planning meeting in May 2011, Andrew asked David Henderson (CEO) where he saw the…Continue Reading...