Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
Take control of your Superannuation.
A Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) can provide significant tax benefits and open up your investment options. It’s also a complex, highly regulated world, requiring specific knowledge of the rules and regulations to maximise these benefits.
GeersSullivan has recognised for well over 10 years that SMSFs are a specialised area, which is why we have a specialised SMSF Team, led by the Directors of GeersSullivan and Helen Cooper, the Senior Manager of our SMSF Division. On 1 July 2016, ASIC implemented laws that recognised the same.
As of 1 July 2016 all advisors who want to give advice on Superannuation are required by ASIC to hold an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL).
Only those who hold an Australian Financial Services Licence or are authorised under a licence holder can give advice on SMSFs. GeersSullivan SMSF Advisory Pty Ltd now holds an AFSL which allows our Senior Team to continue to give advice on:
- The establishment of a SMSF
- Rolling over existing super entitlements into a SMSF
- Certain investments in your SMSF
- Transfer of assets into your SMSF, for example listed shares or commercial property
- Limited Recourse Borrowing to purchase property through a SMSF
- Transitioning to retirement
- Starting a pension
- Structuring your fund to minimise the tax it pays both now and upon the passing of a member
- How much to contribute to super
If you would like any additional information or would like to arrange a meeting to discuss your personal circumstances and whether a SMSF is right for you, please contact our office on (08) 9316 7000 or email [email protected]